Grabowsee_2560px_089.jpg

Lost Places - Grabowsee

Foundation as a lung sanatorium (1896-1945)

In the second half of the 19th century, the number of lung patients in Germany rose sharply. About one third of all patients between the ages of 15 and 60 years had pulmonary tuberculosis. The sanatorium Grabowsee was initially planned as a test facility by the Red Cross.

However, the war and the inflation also brought the health resort into great economic hardship.

The sanatorium consists of administrative buildings, Robert Koch building, east building, Hans Böhm building, south building, treatment building, reception building, connecting passage, chapel, director's residence, gatehouse, doctor's house, civil servants' house, chimney with elevated tank, gardener's house, Seewasser pump house and horticultural facilities.

Camera used: Fujifilm XT-2 / Fujifilm X-Pro 2